There are many manufacturers who promise you environmentally friendly furnaces. However, there are often very few that would comply with such a promise. If you do find one that would comply, you and your family and the world would be in a healthier state. The Carrier Performance 96 Single-Stage New Edition Gas Furnace would fall into the category of making your world a more environmentally friendly place as it offers warm, comfortable heat for your home.
- This Carrier furnace offers single-stage heating. This means that, it has only one setting for your heating purpose. Once you have set your temperature, the level of the heat produced will stay the same. What this means is that it provides warm, comfortable heat for your home.
- It helps that further that it becomes an energy efficient unit as its energy efficiency rating is set at up to 96.5 percent of AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency). The efficiency is related to two heat exchangers. The first one does most of the work after which the secondary heat exchanger draws additional heating energy from the unit to maximize its efficiency.
- The comfort is further enhanced by the SmartEvap technology moisture control function which is important as it keeps the humidity down to about ten percent.
- An added benefit is the fact that there is a Carrier high-efficiency air filter which improves indoor air for the benefit of the home.
- The Carrier Performance 96 furnace covered by a 10-year parts and lifetime heat exchanger. This is a limited warranty upon timely registration. The limited warranty period is five years for parts and twenty years for the heat exchanger, but it should be registered within 90 days of its installation.
- One of the greatest features is the Carrier HYBRID HEAT dual fuel system, which allows for the furnace to switch over to electricity if it runs out of gas. It allows therefore, to further increase its fuel efficiency as it has the ability to optimize both fuel sources.
- The Performance 96 Gas Furnace has the capacity to heat your home as a gas furnace, but it also functions as an air conditioner during hot days.
- What is also very important about the Performance 96 Single-Stage gas furnace is that it has a much quieter run in your home. The Performance ECM blower helps to keep the operational sound to a minimum. This is because it has a sealed combustion system and insulated cabinet.
- There is the advantage of having an Edge Programmable Thermostat that allows for precise temperature and humidity to further customize your comfort.
- It has a UV Lamp that inhibits the growth of contaminants on the indoor coil, thus making sure that your home has continued cleaner and fresher indoor air.
- You have the benefit of zoning areas of your home where each area could have its own temperature.
- The Carrier Performance 96 Furnace has an efficiency rating of up to 96.5% AFUE
- It has a single-speed Inducer Motor
- It has a single-stage Gas Valve Modulation as well
- It has a 10-year parts limited warranty if it has been registered and it has a limited warranty period is five years for parts and twenty years for the heat exchanger if not registered within 90 days of installation.
- The Carrier Corporation is a partner of ENERGY STAR and has determined that the Performance 96 gas furnace meets ENERGY STAR regulations for energy efficiency.
- The system connects with a Performance series Edge programmable thermostat for responsive operation , but is compatible with most thermostats.
- The ComfortFan technology function allows you to select furnace fan speeds from the thermostat on the wall in your home.
- The capacityof the Performance 96 Single-Stage furnace is 40,000 – 120,000 BTUH
- This model features a Multiple-speed ECM
- The Primary Heat Exchanger is produced from Aluminized steel
- Secondary Heat Exchanger is produced from Fin-and-tube stainless steel
- This furnace operates on Natural Gas, but is also convertible to liquid propane (LP)
- It has a variable-speed multi-poise profile
- It is constructed out of galvanized steel for increased rigidity and strength
- The outer casing features a baked on urethane base coat and polyester top coat.
The original owner of the Carrier Performance 96 New Edition gas furnace is covered by a 10-year parts and lifetime heat exchanger limited warranty upon timely registration.
The limited warranty period is five years for parts and twenty years for the heat exchanger if not registered within 90 days of installation. Jurisdictions where warranty benefits cannot be conditioned on registration will receive the registered limited warranty periods.
See warranty certificate at carrier.com for complete details and restrictions. Be sure to ask your Carrier dealer about optional labor warranties.