Carrier is a leader in heating and cooling solutions and the Infinity 98 gas furnace is clearly in a class of its own in terms of high technology. It offers Greenspeed Intelligence innovations that save on utilities. Greenspeed takes into account your complete comfort. The control system adapts to your home’s conditions and is the quietest furnace in the industry that you can buy.
Feature and Benefits
- Precision-matched heating capacity – the modulating gas valve ensures the Infinity 98 delivers the ideal heating capacity. The furnace is able to match your comfort needs with the Infinity Control, and by adjusting heating output through multiple stages in 1% increments, this furnace provides one or two stages of heating and starts a new heating cycle to reduce heating capacity as conditions change.
- Has Hybrid Heat dual fuel system incorporated in the furnace – alternate between electric and gas heating – choose energy source that is the most economical.
- The Carrier Infinity 98 is the most efficient gas furnace a consumer can buy – Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) of 98.5 percent. This means that up to 98.5 cents of every dollar spent on gas goes directly to heating the home.
- Humidity Control – the furnace’s high efficiency variable-speed blower assists with perfect humidity system technology in the Summer and the Winter, making you feel comfortable all year round.
- Maximum heating from gas consumed – The Infinity 98 uses two heat exchangers to optimize efficiency. The second heat exchanger pulls additional heating energy from operation for extra comfort.
- Efficiency – This is the most efficient gas furnace offering plenty of potential for annual savings with gas efficiency. Variable speed blower and inducer motors contribute to electrical savings. Carriers Infinity furnaces have two high-efficiency motors built in for the fan blower and the exhaust inducer.
- Durability – the furnace is built to last and has 20-gauge steel doors and cabinet.
- Intelligent Comfort Control – You always have ultimate control with this furnace with the combination of the Infinity Control Board and Infinity Control. Critical system functions are monitored and operations are adjusted to optimize reliability and functionality. Other comfort enhancing functions include ComfortFan technology as well as SmartEvap technology for moisture control. SmartEvap allows the system to reduce humidity levels by nearly 10% over standard systems.
- Customized Comfort and Energy Savings – The variable-speed inducer motor controls the air intake in the combustion system. This ensures increased gas efficiency for comfortable heating performance.
- Ultra Quiet Operation – The variable-speed blower distributes heated air at the lowest setting. Homeowners benefit with sound reduction as well as consistent comfort. The ultra quiet operation comes from the variable-speed inducer motor, insulated cabinet and Greenspeed intelligence.
- Enhanced Indoor Air Quality – The air cleaner cabinet allows for the addition of a high efficiency air filter for improved air.
- Efficiency rating of up to 98.5% AFUE
- Variable speed inducer motor
- Gas Valve Modulation – In 1% increments down to 40% of furnace capacity
- 10-year parts limited warranty when properly registered; Lifetime limited warranty on heat exchanger
- The Infinity 98 gas furnace meets the ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency has attained the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2012 designation.
- Controls Supporter – Infinity Control, Thermidistat, General Thermostats
- Diagnostics – Over 70 parameters via PDA or laptop
- Capacity of 60,000 – 120,000 BTUH
- This model features a Variable-speed Blower Motor and full-featured ECM
- Primary Heat Exchanger is produced from Aluminized steel
- Secondary Heat Exchanger is produced from Fin-and-tube stainless steel
- This furnace operates on Natural Gas, but is also convertible to liquid propane (LP)
- Multi-stage 4-way multipoise profile
- Construction from Galvanized steel
- Outer casing – baked on urethane base coat and polyester top coat
To the original owner, the Carrier Infinity 98 Modulating Gas Furnace is covered by a 10-year parts and lifetime heat exchanger limited warranty – to qualify you need to register your furnace within 90 days.
A Carrier dealer will advise about optional extended warranties. Warranty period is a 5-year on parts and 20-year on heat exchangers if not registered within 90 days. Jurisdictions where warranty benefits cannot be conditioned on registration will automatically receive a 10-year parts limited warranty and a lifetime parts limited warranty on the heat exchangers.