The Bryant Preferred Series Plus 95T Gas Furnace has a number of very good features, which we will discuss later in this review, and there are also a number of pros to take into account. However there are one or two cons that should not be forgotten when analyzing this furnace for its suitability. Another important aspect of determining the suitability of a furnace is the warranties offered.
Information and Features
The main features of the Bryant Preferred Series 95T gas furnace:
- With the Bryant 95T Gas Furnace you will get 96.2 % AFFUE. What this essentially means is that 96.2% of the money that you put into the system will go into heating your home.
- The Perfect Heat(TM) technology used by the system means that the furnace automatically adjusts according to changing conditions in the room.
- The Fan On Plus(TM) technology allows you to control the speed of the fan in the furnace.
- The furnace meets all of the ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency, so you know that you will be using an efficient furnace to warm your home all the time. It is also a durable option.
Pros and Cons
The furnace is given the following ratings by the Bryant website:
- The furnace has an Energy Efficiency Rating of 6 out of 7 stars
- The furnace has a Quiet Level Rating of 7 out of 7 stars
- The furnace has a Durability Rating of 7 out of 7 stars
As you can see, there may be a significant problem with this furnace. When it comes to energy efficiency we don’t want to see anything less than perfect. We do not want to waste money on the furnace that we have purchased and we want as much of the money that we are paying to run the furnace to go into heating our home as possible. That being said, 6 out of 7 stars and 96.2% AFFUE is not at all bad for a furnace at this price and in this range.
An important pro is that the furnace is one of the quietest options that you will be able to get your hands on. This is a very important aspect of a furnace, and one of the biggest complaints people have about their furnaces is that they are too noisy. A noisy furnace can make your home a very uncomfortable place to live in.
As a furnace such as the Bryant Preferred Series Plus 95T Gas Furnace is a long-term purchase and investment, durability is a very significant factor to be on the lookout for. This furnace is given a rating of out of 7 stars on this dimension so you can probably rely on the fact that it will last as long as you need it to.
The warranties that a company will offer you on a furnace are often an indication of how good that furnace is. This is because it reflects the confidence that the company has in the furnace and can therefore give you a fairly good idea of whether or not it is a good idea to purchase that furnace. When you buy this furnace you get the following warranties:
- 10-year parts limited warranty when registered
- Lifetime limited warranty on heat exchanger
- 5-year warranty period on parts if not registered within 90 days
- 20-year limited warranty on heat exchangers if furnace is not registered
This is not a bad warranty, but it is very limited and overall it is not one of the best warranties that you could have hoped for. Many furnaces on the market offer lifetime warranties for essential parts. Also the stipulation that it be ‘properly’ registered may raise some alarm bells. There seems to be an indication that some people do not register it properly, so perhaps the registration process is unclear.
The warranty aside, however, this is a furnace that has quite a few things in its favor and may just turn out to be one of the best options that you could possibly choose. It is essential that you take the time necessary to analyze the furnace yourself before you make a final decision. It is equally essential that you compare the Bryant Preferred Series 95T Gas Furnace to other options that have similar features and that fall within a similar price range so that you make the best overall decision possible.