This article serves as a review of the Bryant Preferred Series Plus 95i Gas Furnace and is aimed at aiding you in your decision to purchase this product or not. There are a number of features that we will look into, as well as some pros and cons.
In addition, we will discuss the warranties available for the system. Remember that in order to make a good decision you will have to carefully compare the system to other systems that are on the market.
Information and Features
Overview of the features of the Bryant Plus 95i Gas Furnace:
- With the Bryant 95i Gas Furnace you will get 95% AFFUE. What this essentially means is that 95% of the money that you put into the system will go into heating your home.
- The Perfect Heat(TM) technology used by the system means that the furnace automatically adjusts according to changing conditions in the room.
- The Fan On Plus(TM) technology allows you to control the speed of the fan in the furnace.
- The furnace comes equipped with QuieTech(TM) noise technology that keeps the furnace quiet and makes your entire ownership experience considerably more pleasant.
- The furnace comes with Pilot-free PerfectLight(TM) ignition.
- In addition there is a filter cabinet included.
- The furnace meets all of the ENERGY STARŽ guidelines for energy efficiency, so you know that you will be using an efficient furnace to warm your home all the time. It is also a durable option.
Pros and Cons
The Bryant Preferred Series Plus 95i Gas Furnace is given the following ratings by the Bryant website:
- The furnace has an Energy Efficiency Rating of 6 out of 7 stars
- The furnace has a Quiet Level Rating of 6 out of 7 stars
- The furnace has a Durability Rating of 7 out of 7 stars
These are very good ratings indeed for the three main dimensions on which we expect a gas furnace to adequately function. Energy efficiency is a very important dimension. The biggest complaint that people have about furnaces is that they use up too much power and are therefore far too costly. Although the Bryant Preferred Series Plus 95i Gas Furnace does not get 7 out of 7 stars for this aspect of its functioning, 6 out of 7 is still a very good rating indeed. Another thing that people often complain about is the noise that the furnace makes. This is something that could be a problem with this furnace. It receives a very good rating, but as the noise it makes is not mentioned anywhere in its list of features, there is quite a good chance that this may turn out to be a noisier than expected purchase. The best thing to do is to see what previous consumers have thought about the furnace in terms of noise. What the furnace scores top in is its durability. A furnace is a long-term purchase, so you need it to be durable. You want it to last for at least as long as you plan to live in the house where you have had it installed.
The warranties that a company will offer you on a furnace are often an indication of how good that furnace is. This is because it reflects the confidence that the company has in the furnace and can therefore give you a fairly good idea of whether or not it is a good idea to purchase that furnace. When you buy this furnace you get the following warranties:
- 10-year parts limited warranty upon registration
- Lifetime heat exchanger limited warranty
- 20-year labor limited warranty on secondary heat exchanger
- 5-year parts limited warranty if not registered within 90 days
- 20 years on heat exchangers if furnace is not registered.
The Bryant Preferred Series Plus 95i Gas Furnace has its good points as well as its bad points. As furnaces go it is one of the better basic options to choose. The best way to ensure that you get the best deal possible in this regard is to make absolutely certain that you have compared the furnace adequately to all other similar products in a similar range. Also think about what is important for you in a furnace. Reading consumer reviews is one of the best ways to come to a final decision about which one to choose.