This is a brief overview of the Bryant Preferred Series Plus 90T Gas Furnace aimed at helping you decide whether or not to buy the system.
Information and Features
In order to make a decision about the suitability of the Bryant Preferred Series Plus 90T Gas Furnace, you first have to have a working knowledge of its features:
- With the Bryant 90T Gas Furnace you will get 93% AFFUE. What this essentially means is that 93% of the money that you put into the system will go into heating your home.
- The Perfect Heat(TM) technology used by the system means that the furnace automatically adjusts according to changing conditions in the room.
- The Fan On Plus(TM) technology allows you to control the speed of the fan in the furnace.
- The furnace comes equipped with QuieTech(TM) noise technology that keeps the furnace quiet and makes your entire ownership experience considerably more pleasant.
- The furnace comes with Pilot-free PerfectLight(TM) ignition.
- In addition this is a furnace that has a sealed combustion system, something that a lot of people see as being important in a furnace in this day and age.
- The furnace meets all of the ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency, so you know that you will be using an efficient furnace to warm your home all the time. It is also a durable option.
Pros and Cons
The furnace is given the following ratings by the Bryant website:
- The furnace has an Energy Efficiency Rating of 6 out of 7 stars
- The furnace has a Quiet Level Rating of 6 out of 7 stars
- The furnace has a Durability Rating of 7 out of 7 stars
The Bryant Preferred Series Plus 90T Gas Furnace has a lot going for it and is therefore one of the better options from Bryant to consider. Unfortunately, the furnace has not received a perfect score on neither energy efficiency, nor on the noise dimension. This indicates that there may have been complaints to the company on both counts. However, a score of 6 out of 7 indicates that these complaints were probably few and far between. The best way for you to get a good overall picture about the furnace is to read customer reviews about the energy efficiency and noise that it makes. These are two very important dimensions to consider as you do not want to waste money on gas bills. In addition you do not want to be stuck with a furnace that is too noisy and that prevents you from, for example, sleeping at night.
However one thing that you can be sure about with the Bryant Preferred Series Plus 90T Gas Furnace is that it will last. This is perfect as a furnace is a long-term investment that needs to be durable and last for at least as long as you plan to continue living in your current home. This is one dimension on which the Bryant Preferred Series Plus 90T Gas Furnace does very well.
The warranties that a company will offer you on a furnace are often an indication of how good that furnace is. This is because it reflects the confidence that the company has in the furnace and can therefore give you a fairly good idea of whether or not it is a good idea to purchase that furnace. When you buy this furnace you get the following warranties:
- 10-year parts limited warranty upon registration
- Lifetime limited warranty on heat exchanger
- 5-year Warranty period on parts if not registered within 90 days
- 20-year warranty on heat exchangers if not registered
This is not really what you would call a bad warranty, but not a very good one either, especially when you consider that many other similar furnaces come with lifetime warranties for certain aspects.
The Bryant Preferred Series Plus 90T Gas Furnace is not a bad option to go with even if it is not quite perfect in some regards, such as its silence levels. As furnaces go, however, this appears t be one of the better ones to choose if you make a study of its features alone. It is well worth looking into similar furnaces that fall within the same price range, however, as you may find one that comes at a better deal and that suits you persona needs more adequately. Reading consumer reviews will help you make your decision.