Getting through those winters in the middle of winter could be difficult if your heating burns a whole in your wallet. There are many ways of saving money on your heating bills during each month and one of them would be to get the right gas furnace for your home and for the size of your home. When you can save on your heating costs, you can do so much for yourself as well as for the environment by conserving natural resources.
Features of the Furnace
The American Standard XI Gas furnace comes in two quality ratings. There is the Gold American Standard XI Gas Furnace, and then there is the Silver American Standard XI Gas Furnace. Although they are quite similar, they do have qualities that set them slightly apart.
The American Standard Silver XI Gas furnace has the following specifications:
- Up to 80% AFUE
- Reduces greenhouse gasses by surpassing government standards
- Quiet multi-speed blower
- Steel insulated cabinet that keeps your home warmer for longer
- Lower initial cost
The Pros and Cons
When it comes to the American Standard Silver XI gas furnace, you can expect to be blown away by the following benefits:
- The unit is so quiet with its multi-speed blower that you will hardly even know it is there. You will feel its warmth without having to be reminded of its presence by a constant drone.
- You are in control of the settings so if you live in a part of America with a milder climate, you can save even more power by using the lowest setting and not blasting your home with hot air all day long.
- The affordability of these units makes the initial outlay of cash less painful so that everyone can enjoy the warmth of a good quality gas furnace during the cold months of winter.
On the flipside, you may want to read the manual very carefully for the following reasons:
- You need to be sure how to use the unit and that you are following the specifics as set out in the warranty so that you do not lose the warranty on the unit.
- You need to make sure that you know how the settings work so that you can conserve energy because the wrong setting on the unit may just use more fuel than it is saving you.
- The higher the efficiency of the unit, the more it costs to buy in.
The American Standard XI gas furnace comes with a great warranty but you need to register your unit within 60 days after installation.
The following warranty comes with each unit:
- 20 years on the heat exchanger
- 10 years on the functional internal parts
If your unit is not registered within 60 days you will only qualify for the base limited warranty.
Your warranty will also only be valid if you use the furnace for private residential use where there is only one family living in the home. This is just to ensure that there is less of a risk of damage to the unit that will not fall within the terms of the warranty.
The warranty will also only cover any failure of the unit as a result of a factory default.
The American Standard Silver XI Gas Furnace is a good middle of the range gas furnace that can put quite a bit of cash back into your pocket. It is easy to use and gives great quiet comfort to your home. Although you are given the responsibility of the setting of the unit, it gives you more power to save more cash if you want to or to get more heat into your home.