The following review of the American Standard ZM gas furnace aims to give you an overview of what you can expect from this furnace should you decide to buy it. This first section deals with the main features that the American Standard ZM gas furnace offers:
- With its two-stage heating system that runs at 65 percent capacity more than 80 percent of the time, you will be able to save on energy bills as well as experiencing a marked reduction in temperature swings.
- This is one of the few gas furnaces that coverts as much as 97% of the fuel that you pay for into heat for your home.
- The American Standard ZM gas furnace not only meets government standards but it surpasses them as well, significantly reducing your heating bills as well as the amount of greenhouse emissions that you produce in the process.
- If you install the furnace as part of a complete system you will probably meet efficiency requirements for a federal energy tax credit, another way in which this furnace can save you money.
- The American Standard ZM gas furnace runs very quietly.
- This furnace will evenly distribute air from room to room using its variable-speed fan motor.
- The furnace actively reduces humidity over the summer months and as a result your home will be much cooler.
- This furnace comes with a heavy steel insulated cabinet which is durable and quiet and allows the furnace to distribute heat more evenly through your home.
Pros and Cons
There are three main pros of the American Standard ZM gas furnace, namely:
- Comfortable, even heating from room to room
- Humidity balance and control
- Energy-conserving operation
These are all very important aspects of the furnace. When you purchase a gas furnace, you want it to make your house a lot more comfortable to live in during those cold months. This is achieved by the furnace’s ability to evenly distribute heat from room to room. In summer you may want your furnace to remove the humidity from the air. This will go a long way in cooling your home down and making it more bearable. This is also something that the American Standard ZM gas furnace is designed to do. Possibly the most important pros is, however, the furnace’s ability to save on energy in your home. This means that you will save money, but it also means that you will be operating a far more environmentally friendly furnace.
There will always be those who will write a negative American Standard ZM gas furnace review and it is important that you read all the reviews you can find carefully in order to give yourself a clear overall picture about whether or not this is the furnace for you. What some consumers have complained about, for example, is that scum or moisture builds up n the pipes and causes the furnace to stop working. However this has only happened in a few isolated cases, so you should not judge the entire range of furnaces on this one small problem experienced by a few people.
You can offer measure the quality of a product in terms of the warranties that the company is willing to offer. According to the American Standard website you will get the following warranties when you purchase an American Standard ZM gas furnace:
- Lifetime limited warranty on heat exchanger
- 10 Year limited warranty on internal functional parts
The above stands if you register the furnace within 60 days of installation. If you do not then only Base Limited Warranty Terms will apply. However you will find that these terms adequately express the company’s confidence in its product.
The above American Standard ZM gas furnace review is merely an outline of what you can expect from the American Standard ZM gas furnace. Overall most of the complaints that have been made against this furnace have been isolated to specific models and it seems that the overall range is in good shape and that the chances are in your favor that you will not be let down by this furnace. It is important that you do your own research into the various options available to you before making your final decision.