The most important part of any furnace review is the features of the product itself. If you are interested in purchasing a gas furnace you need to know what the features of that furnace are, as well as the other ones that you are considering, are in order to make the best decision possible.
The Amana GME8 gas furnace has the following main features:
- Dual-diameter tubular heat exchanger: This feature means that your home is more consistently and more evenly heated at all times making it far more comfortable.
- Two-stage gas valve with convertible technology
- Super-efficient EEM circulator motor
- Durable 110-volt Silicon Nitride Igniter
- Electronic control board with self-diagnostics: This improve the system’s ability to keep track of whether or not it is running optimally and thereby saving you money in the process.
- 80% AFFUE rating: This means that no less than 80% of the money that you spend on the furnace actually goes into heating your home.
Other furnaces have more features, but in some cases it is important to look at quality over quantity. As you can see here you will get a very good set of features indeed if you choose to buy the Amana GME8 gas furnace. For more information continue reading about the furnace’s pros and cons so that you can get a better idea of its suitability for your needs.
Pros and Cons
The most obvious advantage of this furnace is of course the great warranties that you will receive when you purchase it. If you look towards the end of the article you will find more information there about the details of the warranties that you will be eligible for. As long as you are sure to register the product within the required time period, and as long as you live in the home where you had the furnace installed, you will be well covered.
By going to dsireusa.org you will be able to find out what kind of rebate incentives you are eligible for in what states if you purchase this gas furnace. Depending on which state you live in, you may be able to get a very good deal indeed.
Last but not least, this is a furnace that comes with an incredibly efficient EEM motor, which means that your home will be heated in the most efficient way possible at all times throughout the day or night.
They main con regarding this furnace is that there are not a lot of features to go on, especially when you compare it to other furnaces from Amana as well as from other providers. As compared to other furnaces on the market, this is one of the more basic ones. For example it only offers an 80% AFFUE rating which means that only 80% of what you spend on heating costs is actually converted into heat. Many other furnaces have a much higher rating than this so you may want to consider one of those options instead.
The quality of a product can often be determined by the warranty that the company is willing to offer on it. For the Amana GME8 gas furnace you will receive warranties with the following features:
- A Lifetime Limited Warranty on the heat exchanger for the original homeowner
- If the unit fails within the first 10 years it will be replaced in its entirety
- In addition there is a 10-Year Limited Parts Warranty on all functional parts
As you can see, this is a furnace that comes with an exceptional warranty. As long as the unit is appropriately registered in the correct time frame, you will receive the above mentioned benefits.
As you can probably tell from the information mentioned in this Amana GME8 gas furnace review, this is one of the better gas furnaces that you could choose to buy. There are plenty of features that make it one of the better options. When researching gas furnaces it is important that you read as many reviews as possible in order to get an accurate overall picture of the furnace. Don’t base your decision on one or two reviews. Do your research well and you will find what you are looking for.