Today’s gas furnaces come with variable speed blowers and other amazing features, and the following Amana GKS9 gas furnace review’s purpose is to help you make an informed decision about how to buy a gas furnace that will save energy and warm your home in the most effective way.
There are different methods used to rate energy efficiency for furnaces, which is known as AFUE, which stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency, and with the Amana GKS9 single stage gas furnace you get up to 92.1% AFUE Performance. This means you can save up to 35% on your heating bills.
Meeting All Safety Standards
The gas furnace meets and complies with all the standards as required by the Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star Program. You will marvel at the performance and comfort you get from this gas furnace as well as the way it takes care of pollutants and humidity in the air so that your health is always a consideration.
Energy Star is an energy awareness program developed by the U.S. Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency, and this informs consumers that they are getting products that are far more efficient than standard products. The Amana GKS9 gas furnace has been designed to be an up flow installation, but it also converts to a horizontal left or right installation. The gas furnace comes with a dual option in the installation of vents; the direct venting-double pipe and the non-direct venting-single pipe all sealed combustion. For safety sake, these gas furnaces which make use of natural and propane gas, are not suitable for use in mobile homes or caravans, but can be safely used in standard homes as well as commercial buildings like schools, hotels, retail stores etc.
Gas Furnaces Everyone Can Afford
Of course everybody always wants to know the price of a quality gas furnace. The Amana GKS9 is an affordable furnace with prices being determined by the shipping costs, installation fees and heat input capacity. Prices vary but currently you are looking at anything between $800 to $1445. Installation costs are not included in this price.
Proper Sizing for Proper Efficiency
The Amana technicians will perform an onsite evaluation, and have the experience and skills to size and install your furnace to your home’s needs. They conform to all safety procedures and make use of the latest equipment to install the furnace. A furnace that is too big or too small will simply result in poor humidity control, uneven temperatures, noise and general system inefficiency.
The Amana GKS9 Gas Furnace has a Number of Fantastic Features
- Quiet heating operation because of the PSC multi-speed direct drive blower motor
- The cabinet is constructed of heavy gauge, reinforced and filly insulated steel
- Energy Star product with great performance and 92.1% efficiency
- Multi speed blower motor
- Two pipe design separates combustion area from your home
- Durable hot surface mini-igniter
- Electronic control board with self-diagnostics
- Foil-faced insulation lines the heat exchanger
- Coil and furnace fit flush for most installations
- Designed for upflow installation
- Warranty included in the furnace price
- The furnace can be installed in a variety of locations and the performance is never compromised
- Corrosion-resistant, painted steel cabinet,
Superb Warranty Protection
The Amana GKS9 gas furnace is covered by outstanding warranties:
- The heat exchanger is covered by a Lifetime Limited Warranty
- All functional parts are covered by a 10-Year Parts Limited Warranty
- Online registration must be completed within 60 days of installation. If the heat exchanger fails, the registered owner will receive a new heat exchanger.
When you order your Amana GKS9 gas furnace, it is always packed in sturdy shipping containers which have been tested according to International Safe Transit Association specifications.
If, after reading an Amana GKS9 gas furnace review, you want additional information about the furnace’s estimated annual energy consumption and energy efficiency rating, it will be available at the retailer. Amana is a tried and trusted name in gas furnace installation and maintenance. The Amana GKS9 gas furnace is a basic level hi-efficiency furnace which is popular and sought after by homeowners for are looking for a furnace that is highly reliable, efficient and provides them with comfort and warmth to tide them over a chilly period.