When you are looking at buying a gas furnace, you are more than likely going to be looking at the fuel efficiency of the product that you will ultimately install. The Trane XV80 Gas furnace runs at 80% annual fuel efficiency and the higher the number on the efficiency, the more money you will save on your heating costs.
With the Trane XV80 Gas furnace, you will also be in charge of how much heat you are filling your home with because of the variable speed fan which adjusts to give you a nice and steady flow of heat. The four-speed motor gives you the consistency that you need from your heater in those cold winter months. The two stage heating system also gives you more control and predictability.
Benefits of the Trane XV80 Gas Furnace
If you have done the suitability test of the product to your home you will find that the features of the XV80 gas furnace will put quite a bit of money back into your pocket. You will be saving a lot more on your energy and heating costs. You will also not be let down by the product because of the durable materials that it has been made from. This furnace is made to last a lot longer than the winter does. It has also been cleverly designed to not be in the way. The installation process is simple and you can fit it to where ever it is in your home that you have space for it, which makes it great for even the smallest apartment. If you are concerned about hygiene, you will also be happy to hear that it has a cleanable filter so you don’t have to worry about the germs breeding inside the machine.
The Good and the Bad of It
As with any other product, you have to weigh up the pros and cons of using the XV80 gas furnace.
Some of the pros of this gas furnace are:
- Affordability with an 80% annual fuel efficiency
- Variable speed blower
- Durable steel container
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Insulated cabinet to reduce noise
- Dehumidification properties
- Comfortable size that fits in anywhere
Some of the cons of this product are:
- An installed Trane XV80 Gas furnace could cost between $2750 and $9000
Warranties on the Trane XV80 Gas Furnace
With your XV80 Gas furnace you will get the following warranties which are backed by Trane:
- Internal parts – 10 years
- Heat exchanger – Lifetime
- Product must be registered within 60 days otherwise the limited warrantee will apply
- Extended warranties are optionally extra – to cover labor or other costs not otherwise covered
- Terms and conditions apply to all warrantees
A brief look at some circumstances in which the warrantee will not apply:
- Repairs needed due to a lack in routine maintenance
- Use of the unit for anything other than the use it was intended for.
- Having the unit repaired by any repairer that has not been approved by Trane to work on their units
- Any consequential damage caused to the unit because of the unit not being repaired for the original fault.
Where to Get Hold of a Trane XV80 Gas Furnace.
You can visit the Trane website to find a supplier close to you. Before you contact a dealer you need to look at what it is that your home needs where it comes to heating and cooling. Why is it that you are looking for another furnace? Is it because you are currently paying too much or because your unit is too noisy? Take note of what you have and what the features of your current system is so that you can tell your dealer what you currently have so that they can tell you which unit will match your current system as well as provide for the current shortfalls of the system you have now.
Getting to Where Gas Matters
Using gas is one of the more energy efficient ways of warming up your home and can save you so much money in the long run as well as the natural resources of the planet. To increase the efficiency of your heater, you would have to check which of the wide variety of gas furnaces are suitable to your heating needs.