Reliability should be on the top of your list when you are looking at replacing your gas furnace or replacing any other type of furnace with a gas furnace. You do not want your furnace to cost you a fortune in heating costs either.
Having a constant level of heat through your home when and where you need it is exactly what you need from your furnace. Coleman boasts this as one of the features of all of their furnaces.
The Coleman LX Series gas furnace has from 80 to 97% AFUE saving you up to 40% on your heating costs per month. The LX Series TM9M has been awarded the consumer digest best buy award because of the reliability and the saving on heating costs per month. This gives you the confidence to invest in one of these furnaces knowing that they will take care of your heating or cooling needs for the next 20 years at least. With proper maintenance and servicing you may even get lifetime use from them.
Models available in the LX Series:
The initial price of the unit itself can range from $1259 to $1559 for the 80% AFUE models and from $1459 to $1829 for the 97% AFUE models making them affordable and effective.
Having an affordable furnace that helps you cut down on your monthly heating costs is definitely money well spent.
Features and Benefits of the LX Series
The LX series gives you the following features and benefits for your heating pleasure:
- Precise heat control which means that your home is heated evenly and constantly while still saving you on heating fuel.
- The single stage motors have a quiet fan that circulates the air in your home evenly so that your home can have cool and hot air as you see fit throughout the home without the noise.
- The two stage motors ensures that you have an ultra quiet experience that saves you on your heating costs with its high efficiency.
- The tubular aluminum steel heat exchanger lasts longer with less trouble to save you on repair and maintenance costs.
- External filters are also available as an optional extra which will let you optimize the quality of the air inside your home.
- Variable-speed ECM air circulating fans are available with certain models and will feature the EcoTrak technology which makes your furnace compatible with any type of climate to give you trouble free convenience throughout the entire year.
- The energy efficiency of the LX Series gives you a 40% saving on heating costs compared to other models that are about 20 years old.
- Qualified contractors are available to advise on which model is suited to your home and your climate so that you know the furnace you buy is compatible with your home and your lifestyle.
Warranties of the LX Series
Different models carry a different warranty according to their AFUE percentage.
The following warranties are carried by the Coleman LX series gas furnaces:
- Lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger with all 97% AFUE models
- 20 year limited warranty on the heat exchanger with all 80% AFUE models
- 10 year limited warranty on the parts of all Coleman LX series models.
The Performance Promise plan offers up to 10 years of parts and labor costs should you choose to purchase this extended warranty plan when you purchase your 97% AFUE Coleman gas furnace.
This warranty gives you extra peace of mind that you will not have to worry about rising labor costs for the next 10 years and that the warranty is given by Coleman directly so that you know that you will not have just anyone working on your furnace should something go wrong.
This extended warranty can also be transferred to the new owner of your home should you wish to sell your home.
Restrictions on the Warranty
The following restrictions are placed on the warranties:
- The furnace needs to be registered within 90 days of the installation
- If the furnace is not registered within the waiting period, the warranty reverts to a 5 year limited parts warranty.