The Carrier Performance 96 Gas Furnace is top of the line in the Carrier series and boasts up to 95% AFUE. This model offers the ideal heat you require whilst saving you on energy bills, and when paired with the compatible Edge thermostat from Carrier, it will also deliver the ideal humidity.
Although the Carrier Performance 96 Gas Furnace does not have all the bells and whistles of the Infinity series, it does nevertheless deliver the same efficiency, at a much lower price. For those who care about the planet and want to ensure that there is the least waste possible, this is the perfect choice for efficiency, savings and the type of heating comfort that is required.
Features and Benefits
- Superior energy savings and heating efficiency with an up to 95% AFUE
- The Carrier Performance 96 Gas Furnace is fitted with the ComfortFan technology, which allows you to select and set your fan speed in order to enhance your comfort even more, and when you add the compatible Edge thermostat from Carrier, you will also greatly reduce the humidity for the perfect heating sensation in your home.
- A sealed combustion system means that you have a sealed cabinet which cover your unit, and this provides the quietest operation possible as it reduces the operational sounds and allows only minimal vibration. Less operating noise means that you will not be disturbed by the sounds of a furnace in the background, but can just relax and enjoy the wonderful warm comfort of your home in absolute peace.
- Heat exchangers are vital to the efficiency of your furnace and your continual comfort due to the fact that they extract heat from gas that has already been used. The Carrier Performance 96 Gas Furnace’s long-lasting primary heat exchanger does most of the heating work, and the secondary heat exchanger with Serpentuff then pulls additional heat into your home to maximize your heating comfort and efficiency.
- Carrier’s pilot-free PowerHeat ignition means that you can get heat instantly when needed and do not need to struggle to light your furnace.
- The 10-year parts limited warranty when properly registered ensures that you are covered in the eventuality that something goes wrong with your furnace.
- An efficiency rating of up to Up to 95% AFUE
- 10-year parts limited warranty when properly registered and a lifetime limited warranty on the heat exchanger
- Carrier Corporation is an Energy Star partner, and it has ascertained that the Performance 96 gas furnace meets the Energy Star guidelines for energy efficiency.
- This unit feature on board diagnostics, and supports the Edge thermostat and other thermostats.
- The Carrier Performance 96 Gas Furnace has a capacity of 40,000 – 100,000 BTUH
- This model has a variable speed blower, which maximizes your heating comfort by providing the perfect temperature required and a much quieter heating and cooling cycle. Carrier’s variable speed motors are protected with a five-year limited warranty.
- The Primary Heat Exchanger is manufactured from Aluminized steel which makes it tough and corrosion resistant
- The Secondary Heat Exchanger is Serpentuff which is polypropylene-coated. This ensures that it is able to extract well-nigh every bit of heat from the system whilst also making the most of the energy used.
- This model uses natural gas but can easily be converted to use liquid propane should you have the wish or the need to do so.
- This model comes with a Variable-speed dedicated upflow design.
- It is constructed of galvanized steel which gives added strength and rigidity to the unit
- The outer casing has a baked-on urethane base coat and polyester top coat, which serves to protect your unit from any sort of damage.
The Carrier Performance 96 Gas Furnace, as with all other Carrier furnaces, is covered by a 10-year parts and lifetime heat exchanger limited warranty upon timely registration of the new equipment, to the original owner. The secondary heat exchanger is covered by a 20-year labor limited warranty.
Enquire from your Carrier dealer about optional extended warranties, which may include labor.
If you neglect to register you new equipment within the prescribed 90 days, then the warranty is a 5-year on parts and 20-year on heat exchangers warranty period.
Jurisdictions where warranty benefits cannot be conditioned on registration will automatically incur a 10-year parts limited warranty and a lifetime parts limited warranty on the heat exchangers. The warranty certificate at carrier.com will afford you complete details.