The Infinity 96 Gas Furnace is a highly efficient furnace with an AFUE of up to 96.6%, this can offer you a great savings on your energy bills, and when combined with Carriers most advanced Infinity control thermostat it takes home comfort to a whole new level with great control and efficiency.
Features and Benefits
- The ultimate in energy efficiency and cost savings of up to 96.6% AFUE gives you extra heating comfort in your home, huge savings on energy bills and may also make you eligible for a U.S. tax credit.
- Communicating furnace with Carrier Infinity intelligence – this revolutionary system is the only system that puts humidity, air quality, fan speed, temperature and ventilation control in your hands. The system also detects when your air filter needs to be replaced and automatically adjusts your system so that it delivers peak efficiency and performance at all times.
- Comfort Heat Technology – furnaces that have ComfortHeat Technology operate on a low stage for about 90% of the time so that indoor temperatures are kept close to the thermostat set point. The ComfortHeat Systems deliver air temperatures that are almost 20 degrees warmer than an ordinary furnace.
- Ideal Humidity System – this is a system that constantly controls the humidity and temperature in your home 24/7, and allows you to monitor and adjust the humidity level even when neither the heating or cooling system is actively working. Maintaining the correct humidity in your home will keep you more comfortable in the high summer temperatures as well as in the freezing cold winter temperatures.
- The ComfortFan technology drives the constant fan operation on the Infinity 96 Gas Furnace.
- The QuieTech Noise Reduction System allows a comfortable heat to be produced with minimal noise.
- The Sealed Combustion System creates a sealed cabinet which reduces the sound exponentially and allows for minimal vibration. This also means less operating noise, which allows you to enjoy the heating comfort the furnace affords you in total peace.
- The Pilot-free PowerHeat ignition offers hassle-free heating whenever you need it.
- A High Efficiency Air Filtration Cabinet means improved indoor air.
- There is a 10-year parts and lifetime heat exchanger limited warranty on the Infinity 96 Gas Furnace, to the original owner, upon timely registration of your new equipment.
Infinity 96 Performance:
- Efficiency rating of up to 96.6% AFUE
- A 10-year parts limited warranty when correctly registered; A Lifetime limited warranty on the heat exchanger
- This variable-speed gas furnace uses less electricity than a 100-watt light bulb with the fan in continuous mode
- This gas furnace also meets all requirements as specified by ENERGY STAR for energy efficiency.
- Supported controls include, the revolutionary Infinity control, the Thermidistat system, also other compatible thermostats.
- Diagnostics set over 70 parameters via PDA or laptop
- The Infinity 96 has a capacity of 40,000 – 120,000 BTUH
- A variable speed system maximizes your comfort by providing a more comfortable temperature and much quieter heating and cooling cycles due to the inclusion of a “smart” microprocessor and variable speed motors. Carrier’s variable speed motors are protected with a five-year limited warranty.
- The Primary Heat Exchanger is manufactured from Aluminized steel which makes it corrosion resistant.
- The Secondary Heat Exchanger is Serpentuff polypropylene-coated, which allows it to extract virtually all the heat from the system whilst making the most of the energy utilized.
- The unit works on natural gas but is also convertible to liquid propane (LP)
- The unit has a two-stage, 4-way multipoise profile design.
- Galvanized steel construction affords extra strength and rigidity.
- The outer casing sports a baked on urethane base-coat and polyester top-coat.
The Carrier Infinity 96 Gas Furnace is covered by a 10-year parts and lifetime heat exchanger limited warranty, to the original owner, upon timely registration of the new equipment. The secondary heat exchanger is covered by a 20-year labor limited warranty.
Your Carrier dealer will be able to give you information regarding optional extended warranties, which may be inclusive of labor.
The warranty period is 5-years on parts and 20-years on heat exchangers if not registered within a 90 day period.
In jurisdictions where the warranty benefits cannot be conditioned on registration, the period will automatically be a 10-year parts limited warranty and a lifetime parts limited warranty on the heat exchangers.